- February 2013: Catherine breaks a leg skiing on beginners run at Snowbird in Utah. Operated on same day for tibial plateau fracture and reduction with plate and screws at Alter clinic in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- March 2013: Diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis
- February 2014: 12 month anniversary. Despite extensive physiotherapy, told that her leg is still not strong enough to ski in the Southern Hemisphere summer/northern hemisphere winter
- December 2014: Almost 2 years post accident, first skiing trip post surgery at Niseko in Japan. Experiences pain particularly on hard bumpy snowpack
- March 2015: Two years post accident, plate and screws removed. Meniscus shaved and repaired
- September 2015: First skiing trip without plate in leg. Residual pain from meniscus