Wednesday morning swim at Manly then off to work. Belinda the PT magician sent an email mid-morning to say that she was sick and couldn’t do gym today. This was the first Wednesday she has missed. I decided I’d go anyway. Got on the hamstring machine and did five minutes with each leg at 50º elevation. That’s a killer that thing. Did following exercises:
- Lunges 5 x 5kg weight under the chin
- Leg press 10 x 10kg started to hurt my leg so I stopped.
- Leg curl 15 x 15 kg
- Leg curl 20 x 15kg x 2 sets
- Leg extensions 20 x 15 kgs using both legs to lift bar, bringing it down with right – injured leg
- Leg extensions 10 x 15kgs. This really started to hurt my knee so I stopped. Maybe its a left over from the long walk yesterday.
- Kettelbell lifts 20 x 14kg.
My most disappointing day in the gym so far. My knee was aching a bit when I finished, which was a first . It’s never done that before. I spent longer in the shower then I did exercising. I’ll put it down to the long walk with pack on. Felt better after two protein balls from the cafeteria.